Czech Academy of Sciences

The main building of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague The Czech Academy of Sciences (abbr. CAS, , abbr. AV ČR) was established in 1992 by the Czech National Council as the Czech successor of the former Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences and its tradition goes back to the Royal Bohemian Society of Sciences (founded in 1784) and the Emperor Franz Joseph Czech Academy for Sciences, Literature and Arts (founded in 1890). The Academy is the leading non-university public research institution in the Czech Republic. It conducts both fundamental and strategic applied research.

It has three scientific divisions, namely the Division of Mathematics, Physics, and Earth Sciences, Division of Chemical and Life Sciences, and Division of Humanities and Social Sciences. The Academy currently manages a network of sixty research institutes and five supporting units staffed by a total of 6,400 employees, over one half of whom are university-trained researchers and Ph.D. scientists.

The Head Office of the Academy and forty research institutes are located in Prague, the remaining institutes being situated throughout the country. Provided by Wikipedia
by Berka, Petr, 1959-
Published 2003
by Mann, John Harvey
Published 1996
by Nakonečný, Milan, 1932-
Published 1996
by Darwin, Charles, 1809-1882
Published 2005
Published 2006
by Skála, Lubomír, 1947-2015
Published 2005
by Nakonečný, Milan, 1932-
Published 1998
by Flegr, Jaroslav, 1958-
Published 2009
by Půlpán, Zdeněk, 1942-
Published 2012
Book
by Luhmann, Niklas, 1927-1998
Published 2014
by Žďárek, Jan, 1938-
Published 2013